Wednesday, March 7, 2012

French toast grilled in the oven of a million questions.


So, my sister tagged me in her blog the other day, and, being that a little procrastination is suddenly in order, I will be answering the questions - yay! You can find her original post here - http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/ive-been-tagged-in-11-randomness/


First the rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in your tagger’s post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers YOU tag to answer.
5. Tell the bloggers you’ve tagged that they’re it.
6. Oh, and no stuff in the tagging section about “you’re tagged if reading this”. 

11 Random Things about myself
1. I am a hopeless dreamer, always coming up with a new project, plan or idea, and my follow through needs A LOT of work.
2. I hate folding washing, and will do seventeen loads before I fold anything or pack it away, so there is always a mountain of clean clothing being shifted around the house. This probably relates to that lack of follow through...
3. I want to go EVERYWHERE.
4. I am the most socially awkward person I know, not that I know that many people.
5. I love dorks, dorkiness is irresistibly attractive, always has been, its like cheekbones, an accent, and a guitar. combined.
6. I am addicted to coffee table books, and I don't even have a coffee table.
7. I loathe exercise. (I stole this one from my sister)
8. I wish I didnt loathe exercise. (yes, this one too)
9. I have a really difficult relationship with my dad, which sucks, because it used to be great. Also, this really bothers me.
10. I am obsessed with white chocolate, and Beacon Easter eggs, and Woolworths fudge, and Amanda Laird Cherry, these things make me happy. and homesick. and happy.
11. Sometimes I think everyone is completely insane.

Tanya said;
"I’m answering Cyndi’s questions as well as my own, and if I’ve tagged you then you should too  …"
so I will...
Cyndi’s questions:

  1. What is the movie you enjoy watching the most and why?
    This question is difficult, I LOVE movies, I think the one I enjoy watching most is Rocky Horror Picture Show, it has everything - awesome music, great styling and thoroughly awkward outfits....
  2. Where is your favourite holiday destination?
    I love going to the UK, because my favourite people to visit are there, and I love my people, I like exploring new places too though...
  3. Coffee or Tea?
    Tea
  4. When you were at school, what was your favourite subject?
    Art & History (woah, another thing I didn't even need to change)
  5. What is the one thing you hope to achieve this year?
    Jason and I need to change our work situation, more drawing, less accounting. I also really need to see my sister, and move somewhere with space, and chickens. Wow, that's a long list.
  6. What have you done / achieved (to date) that you are the most proud of?
    Getting through emigration in – mostly – one piece (Thanks T - couldn't have said it better)
  7. What did you like most about today?
    Hugely overindulgent breakfast with my husband at a diner we have been meaning to try, and our very necessary walk to and from the diner....




  1. 8. What happened in 2011 that surprised you?
  1. I fell completely in love with ceramics...

  1. 9. What is your favourite colour;
  1. To wear: Black / Grey
  1. To look at: Grey / Black

  1. 10. If we had to do something together today what activity would you choose for us to do?
  1. Considering that this came from Tanya, a walk to the beach and then she could teach me to make salted caramel pillow cheesecake, I should add that I am the worst baker on this planet to my random list.

Tanya's 11 Questions:
  1. What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Living in Joburg with Jamie while Jason was in LA.
  2. What is your dream job? I’d love to work for myself as an illustrator or textile designer.
  3. Who would you most like to have dinner with (dead or alive)? Right now, my sister. In fantasyland, Neil Gaiman.
  4. What did you do that got you into the most trouble at school? Probably the not going thing.
  5. Who is the most important person in your life? My family. (Ditto)
  6. What hobby would you take up if you had no time or financial limitations? Travelling, collecting stories...
  7. What is your least favourite food? That you eat anyway. Chinese.
  8. What is the farthest you’ve travelled? From SA to the US
  9. Use five words to describe yourself. Creative, Temperamental, Dorky, Demanding, Awkward
  10. What is your favourite song and why? Its difficult to choose and depends on my mood, at the moment its Foxy Shazam "Killin' It" but its tied with The Tallest Man on Earth "The Dreamer" and for the longest time its been The Darkness "I believe in a thing called love" "Cigarettes" by Russian Red kills me too - I'm obsessed, see - I should add "Indecisive" as a sixth word to describe me.
  11. Where would you live if you could live anywhere? somewhere quiet, where we could buy land, somewhere with rain and tree's, maybe Oregon...
Lara's 11 Questions:
1. Band you would cross the planet to see? Queen, yes - I know. One that might actually happen? The National
2. Favourite Writer, and book? Neil Gaiman, American Gods.
3. Favourite thing in your wardrobe? Amanda Laird Cherry skirt of happy flippy fabric .
4. Thing you wish was in your wardrobe? Amanda Laird Cherry Shwe Shwe Coat, and Alexander McQueen Queen Dress....
5. Worst Habit? Interrupting people. Constantly.
6. Favourite Blog? I like to stalk this one, http://www.the-brick-house.com/ , for decor and this one, http://luckypony.co.za/ , for randomness
7. Best thing about your partner? Speaking the same language, Jason gets me like nobody else ever has....
8. Favourite place in your neighbourhood? Viento Y Agua, and walks to the beach
9.  I don't have any more questionny / answerryness in me. Nor do I have the energy to proofread this monster.
sorry.

I don't have bloggers to tag, so I'm tagging people, start a blog already.
Cimone, Erin, Cate, Julia, Melissa





1 comment:

Erin said...

Delicious I say!
I will totally take up your challenge and start a blog when Im back from my honeymoon.
That way I cant pretend I dont have time :)