Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chilli Dogs, Bring your own plate


Another brief update from the road, we spent last night in Slab City, at the prom, it was one of the best experiences I have ever had, and sharing it with Darling and Jim made it extra special, although extremely uncomfortable come bedtime ;) We woke up this morning after a long night squished in the back of the jeep, all ready to hit the road, only to find ourselves in an artists front yard, this guys work is like nothing I have ever seen before - one of those moments where you feel like you aren't alone in your crazy.... the pic above is of a tiny little Jesus, peeking out from amongst thousands of silk flowers on the roof of a car, the legs in the background belong to a mannequin whose head is inside the vehicle.... I think I may eventually find the words to describe the wonder but for now this will have to do - heading out to Joshua tree today - yippeeeeee....
Before I forget, I believe the artists name is Charles Russell, look him up...

No comments: