Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tea Soup



It's not exactly a secret that I am mildly obsessed with tea, we joke that I wouldn't have married Darling if he hadn't perfected the tea recipe and found me the perfect cup, and its partly true... Darling isn't romantic, he doesn't do the cute little things, and he pays very little attention to what he refers to as hints, but anyone else would call lists of demands, so the fact that he put up with my ridiculous perfectionism and constant tea demands is a sort of affirmation of his feelings for me...
Tea has become our own dorky romantic shorthand, I demand tea in quirky, and sometimes completely insane, ways and he makes perfect cups of tea, our tea moments are our "us" moments... and they have become more important since moving to a non tea drinking country, with only each other for company, conversation, and random frustrated outbursts...
One day, when we build our house we will have to have a wee corner dedicated to the gallery of bizarre tea requests, one small quiet corner dedicated to the pursuit of great tea, a little peace and quiet, and perhaps a biscuit. Just one.

No comments: