Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dandelion Candyfloss




so its been a while, we have been in the US for almost six months, figuring out where to put down roots, however temporarily, and trying to come up with a simple way to explain that South Africa is not actually part of Australia... and my poor wee blog has been a little neglected... My sister (http://intermittentblogger.wordpress.com/) recently nominated me for an award, I believe it was within the realm of "Scrapbooking Queen" {her term - not mine} as an incentive to keep writing, which would be delightful if I had anything to write about. There is a little voice somewhere in my fishbowl brain that tells me that I write better when I am actually writing... that also probably only makes sense in my head...
Basically the point is this, I have been gone a while and my writing now sucks, so if I write a lot it may improve, I plan to try this for a few months, posting something every few days....
Today it is this, and the picture above, which I took while lying on the grass at a local park, one where nobody was getting mugged, hassled to buy anything, or stepping on glass from some hobbits discarded beer bottle. America is quite delightful...

No comments: