Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sticky Toffee Perversion Pie...

... A recipe in three parts.

I blog from home, my little girl yelling "loser" in the background, bouncing a ball with her father and explaining that she simply cannot go to bed, she needs to watch soccer first....
Things are not quite as they should be, in that uncomfortably skewed way where one really isn't sure quite what is wrong, just that something is, the jaws of the world seem open in anticipation of a juicy morsel of life, a succulent bit of fairytale to nibble, roll around on its monstrous fleshy tongue and eventually grind between its crumbling, aged, tombstone teeth... in its own peculiar fashion it tantalises, the curious wonder of the unknown, "what next" is quite a satisfying location....

The luxury of melodrama is one to which I feel entitled this evening, I will envelope myself in its velveteen decadence and roll around, a puppy in long grass, twitching in unnecessary and yet somehow appropriate joy... bliss is well deserved, happiness spreading out through my veins, the twitchery, ticklish welcome of home at the end of an exceedingly long day....

The creation of new words is a joy, transmogrification of the old and birth of crispy fresh newness, shine and glitter and drip... what a lazy way to write, but what a delicious way to smile... a planet that is all my own, mine to decorate, to litter on and to polish when I feel the need, what delight....

and then, in passing, my grandmother apparently refuses to believe that I am a pervert, regardless of what facebook (and possibly the Oxford English Dictionary Editors in their Capital Letter induced self importance) may suggest....



No comments: