Sunday, June 14, 2009

Eggs, Bacon and Vanilla Ice Cream on a Bed of Crispy Fried Aliens...

13th May - Gosh, really? Its been that long? I really do need to have more adventures, I'm sure there are one or two up my sleeve, hold on while I rummage...

...

...

Nope, no stories hidden up there, perhaps in my pockets....

I may just have found one, not an adventure, more an anecdote, although I am unsure if it even qualifies there, its more like, weekend homework on a second grade level... so here goes, what I did last weekend...

Saturday morning involved meeting a few friends at Deer Hunter in Greenside, nothing to do with Vietnam, just a great little junk shop, Pez Men, ceramic figurines - although they wouldn't sell me a deer - sorry Jo - vintage clothes, atari games, books, teapots, records by the thousand and amazingly kitsch pictures, like this...



Its terrific, in a crazy Orla Kiely kind of way, and thrills me greatly, little rainbow shivers up my spine...

I bought a Smurfette as Mermaid Keyring for Jo, and a stack of old glasses, which we then modelled over breakfast, How is this for a stylish salad of strange folk...



We had breakfast at Doppio, Jamie ate vanilla ice cream wearing swimming goggles, it was fabulous...

After this we went to the zoo, where, standing peering down at the Polar Bears Jamie said "Look mom, Aliens" apparently oddness is genetic...

That's about all that happened last weekend, thank goodness, as it was followed by a nauseating roller coaster of a week following which I am still reeling, which isn't quite as fun as jitterbugging but can be more easily handled post alcoholic binge drinking... not that I ever do. The jitterbug that is.

Darling is climbing mountains today, which is probably better all round, excitement and adventure weren't exactly on the menu at home today, I was leaning towards tea and reruns... Imagine how exhilarating next weeks Blog post will be...

No comments: