Thursday, January 29, 2009

Warm strong coffee and biscuits

This weather thrills me, I love cold, adore rain and wish I could wander the planet draped in a delicate fog... oh, wait, yes... I totally do. Maybe a marginally less nicotine scented one in my next life?
Coats and hats, scarves and oxfords sing little songs to me when I hear the rain, songs of flamingo flavoured princesses and little nonsense rhymes, delicate teal green pea coats and candyfloss are better than any raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens, and then I found out beacon released the marshmallow eggs early, I'm thrilled, I'm ecstatic, my heart dances and my head runs off to Pick n Pay with my wallet... My bathroom scale slinks away quietly.

Tomorrow marks the day I have been in the same chair, at the same desk, in front of the same screen, and pestered by the same overzealous airconditioner for two years, its tres depressing.
I think I should mark the occasion with some sort of ridiculous celebration, like a resignation maybe, but then I remember that my wallet is still at Pick n Pay with my head, and Easter eggs cost money.

Teal coloured peacoats and glossy high heeled oxfords,
Candyfloss and Easter Eggs and Girls with Tiaras.
Little girls that laugh with the stars in their eyes. these are a few of my favorite things.

Works every time, now I remember what I'm doing here....

No comments: